IT WORRIES ME....

It worries me..... for the past five years you have been doing exemplary well ; comfortable with everyone I relate with. But what has just happened all of a sudden? You are moody and ain't welcoming as you used to be. You look at my luo friends with eyes full of rage. Last week you incisted on  chasing away our Bukusu watchman ; before I thought of it, our Kalenjin house girl was gone. Kyle our son just reported that you warned him from buying items from the Giriama shopkeeper next door. Our luhya neighbour is no longer who she used to be to you.

What happened my sugar pie? Few months ago you would incist on waiting for Kanja's matatu ; but now what has suddenly opened your eyes? For all this time you had not realized he is a Meru. Our food place is now a dustbin to you... Just because most cooks are luos there. But you loved their fish and quails, what happened to your love for such stuff?

You can no longer take mokimo, just because it's a kikuyu food. Your behaviour is just threatening... I fear your behaviour ; it's making me uncomfortable. Will I one day fail to wake up because am a luo? Will you one day kill me at night and throw my flesh for vultures? Am afraid..

You resigned your job because your boss is a Teso. Sweet pie, don't you even realize Kenya has 42 tribes? What would happen if they all start behaving the same way? You know I love you, right? Yes, I do.... But your behaviour is disgusting. Am saying this because I love you, otherwise, I could have looked for a luo wife too. But what would happen to our children? They are neither luos nor kikuyus, they are an innocent soul. Most of them will possibly marry ladies from other tribes. Analia, our only daughter may end up getting married to a stranger. Will you close for her in the house? But that would not stop her heart from loving. Am afraid darling....

The future of Kenya is unpredictable, luos fight kikuyus, Nandis hate Luhyas, Giriamas no longer eat Bukusu meals, don't you realize Kenya is made of 42 tribes which form one family? If you have to burn anything, burn waste products. If you have to shed blood, shed animals blood. If you have to throw anything, throw bashes.

Kenya belong to all of us ; Me and you. Let's embrace peace and unity. Love one another and stop tribalism. The future belongs to all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment