I'LL SEE WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT



Everytime I hear people say fraternal relatives are a scam I'm left wondering if they have ever met the term "I'll see what to do about it" in these streets. As a little girl, I always thought that's a term of hope but in my process of enlightenment, I have learnt that the term is the mother of all scams including corruption and leaked sex tapes. The term can even make you apply for a visa or organize a celebration in your village, lol, I'm just being dramatic.
Anyway, if you've ever asked for a job or financial assistance from one of the 'rich uncles' then you are definitely familiar with the term. Often times the term gives hopes for light but it never ends like it seemed.
Boyfriends, sponsors, parents and bosses are the major users of this term. Often times when we seek for help or demand something 'way not worth it', we always get a shot back of "I'll see what I can do about it."
I used to get excited whenever someone could tell me that he'll see what he can do until I found out that this is a hideous way to say "I will do nothing, move on!"
If you still have hope when people use this term then sorry, you're timid and young. Most people who say this don't even have a second thought about your issue. Actually, they don't even care how it goes because who the hell would say I'll see when they could say call me after a week, a month e.t.c. Even though some use it not knowing what it means,it would be stupid to wait as you think they'll help. Most of these people know what they are doing.
A neighbor once told me to drop my CV on his email so that he could see how to convince his company to hire me but I forgot to. Two weeks later, we met as I was from an evening walk and he was there telling me how he had forwarded my CV and was waiting for feedback from the general manager. Look here Mathayo! Managers don't look at job application, they issue orders and leave the job for a HR. Also, if you are not in a position to help, just be sincere and make it clear. No one will judge for it. Y'all look stupid trying to give your two cents hopes.
Pens off

15 comments:

  1. Totally agreed. If someone is not in a position to help you let them just come out clean and tell you so. There's no need of raising someone's hope knowing very well you'll never help them.
    Its a nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore!! Focus on your strategies, work to your best, stop depending on so called relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting to read
    Good choice of language
    It's all about facts
    Keep up 💯

    ReplyDelete