I WISHED YOU ALL THE BEST


I WISHED YOU ALL THE BEST 
Though you were never the one 
For me to lose at all 

I wished you all the best 
Because you forced me to do so 
Knowing I was your best 
And you'll never get anyone better 

I wished you all the best 
Because despite being your best 
You failed to notice I was 
And that made us what we became 
The scars will remain forever 

I wished you all the best 
Because no matter how I tried
You made me seem failing 
And that was the least I'd sit 
And watch myself do 
So I had to let things be 

I wished you all the best 
Though deep in my heart I knew 
I was the best for you 
And you the best for me 
Yes, we were the best for us
But we failed to acknowledge it 
And so we had to part 

I wished you all the best 
Hoping fate would bring us each 
The very best we deserved 
Coz even if I couldn't 
It'd still happen anyway 
So I packed the remaining half of me 
And ran into the world 
Hoping to get the rest waiting 
Along the way for us -for me

(~as extracted from the pages of What I Wanted to Say But Couldn't) 
#MimiBreePoems
©2018

2 comments:

  1. "So I packed the remaining half of me
    And ran into the world
    Hoping to get the rest waiting
    Along the way for us -for me". I love that line in particular😊🙈

    ReplyDelete